MiniShrine

Mini Moke Forum

MOT Exemption Imported Vehicles

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tecman-2007 Geoff Bell
Horsham, West Sussex, UK   GBR
Does anyone know how the Mot exemption affect Imported vehicles. I have a Aussie BMC Moke which was imported from South Africa which I bought in 2016, got Mot'd and age verified by the Mini Moke Club as April 1969. I have been issued with a suffix G plate and the V5c puts it correctly as Taxation Class Historic Vehicle so it is Tax exempt.. However the V5 shows Date of first Registration as 01/08/2016 and Date of first Registration in UK as 01/08/2016. The date the Age relelated plate was authorized.
So the MOT history when checked shows 'First Mot not issued' because the computer doesnt think its 3 years old and the Mot for the Reg plate was carried out on the VIN No as is the normal procedure when applying for first registration in th UK. Therefore my MOT doesnt show on the Mot history.
So my question and this applies for all imported cars is will I get MOT exemption after 20 May 2018? Should DVLA have made the Date of first registration April 1969 on the V5. It seems daft that it qualifies for Tax exemption and not Mot exemption. Anyone help.
]

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1990 Mini Cooper

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links