Protect Yourself and Make Your Transaction Experience Pleasant
You can outsmart the vast majority of would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules:
- DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 95% of all scam attempts.
- NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION OR MONEYGRAM or any other wire service. Anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
- FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON - banks will cash them and then hold YOU responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- PAYPAL PAYMENTS CAN BE REVERSED - just because you receive the money in your Paypal account does not mean you are protected. If the buyer is using a stolen credit card, the payment CAN be reversed.
- THE AUTOSHRINE NETWORK (THIS WEBSITE) IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, verify vehicle condition, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer any "buyer protection" or "seller certification". CAVEAT EMPTOR!
- NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION like bank account number, social security number, eBay or PayPal password, etc.
- AVOID VEHICLE SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that only a scammer will "guarantee" your transaction.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WORKING PHONE NUMBER and home and work address, in case you need to get in touch after the transaction.