AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bnicho Brett Nicholson
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
1966 Austin Mini "Audrey"
1969 Mini Van "Desert Assault Van"
1971 Mini Moke "Mopoke"
Who are we?

Well we are Mini nuts, no surprise there!

Team BMC Fundraising Page

First let me introduce my partner in crime for this little enterprise.

Craig Watson (aka Watto) is the editor of "The BMC Experience" magazine, formerly called the "The Mini Experience". He is a motoring journalist and photographer of over 25 years experience. He worked for prominent Melbourne newspapers for many year before going Freelance over 15 years ago. He established his own magazine when he saw a gap in the market. While the BMC Experince will never make him rich, he enjoys the work a lot. His daily drive for the last 15 years is a 1976 Aussie built Clubman-fronted Mini Van. He also has a Moke that he has owned for over 30 years. Both these classics have covered more miles than he can count. They have been rebuilt when needed to keep them on the road.

I am the other half of the team. Brett Nicholson (aka bnicho). I am an IT Technical Lead for BP and I've been playing with Minis most of my life. My first Mini was an Aussie built 1968 Morris Mini Deluxe Mark 1 with factory 998cc and wind-up windows. I've had quite a few Minis since, it seems they are an itch I just cannot satisfy. I have a 1971 Moke with MG Metro pooowahhh on the road and long term project 65 Mk1 Morris Mini Traveller in bits. I also look after my wife's 66 Mk1 Austin Mini Super Deluxe. My classic cars interests extend beyond Minis. My daily drive is a 74 VW Super Beetle and I also own a 85 Toyota MR2 that started life in California and somehow ended in Australia.

We are both family men with kids and very understanding wives. smiling smiley

Watto and I met around 15 years ago at the Mini Nationals and have been friends ever since.

Team BMC is our team name for Sh!tbox Rally 2013. Obviously chosen to connecft with my team-mate's magazine, but we prefer to think it stands for "Break, Mend, Continue!"

Cheers,
Brett.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 02:04 AM by bnicho.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
BMC-X_Col_1.jpg    13.4 KB
BMC-X_Col_1.jpg

bnicho Brett Nicholson
1971 Mini Moke "Mopoke"
After the 2012 Sh!tbox Rally (see here for some details) I needed a new co-driver. My 2012 partner had decdied to enter for 2013 with his wife. Now there is a recipe for divorce I reckon!

I sat and thought about who among my friends was crazy enough to try something like this. One mate immediately came to mind. The very same Watto I introduced above. I knew he had done charity rallies before he had kids and I also knew he could cope with the dust, the breakdowns, the camping and the general silliness. We also both have similar tastes in cars, so I knew he would want to take something old and British, not insist on a Corolla or similar boremobile.

So I picked up the phone and made a call. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "Do you want to do Sh!tbox Rally in May next year with me?"
Him: "Yep, count me in!"
Me: "Ummm, don't you want to think about it first, perhaps ask your wife...?"
Him: "Nope, I'm in. Let's do it."

Well, there is nothing like instant commitment! Team BMC was born.

Now all we needed was a car. Plus sponsors. Plus to tell our wives we had entered and suffer the inevitable recriminations. smiling smiley

bnicho Brett Nicholson
1971 Mini Moke "Mopoke"
Thanks to talented motorsport cartoonist Stonie who provided this very cool cartoon for Team BMC. Free of charge!

How awesome is that!! grinning smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
That is a great logo! The detail on the big version is great... "Break Mend Continue" that's hilarious

Webmaster, The Mini Shrine

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
bugeyed Peter Braun
Southport, North Carolina, USA   USA
Ha ha and HA ! Much fun looks like it has happened! Best of luck in future adventures!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2011 BMW MINI Cooper S

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links