Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Welcome! smiling smiley

This forum is for general Mini related chatter. New members, introduce yourself here!

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
wrenchpuller Ric Willis
Kitimat, BC, Canada   CAN
Hi, and many thanks Skye.

Been around the MGB forum for a while. Thought I would hang my shingle here as well.

!973 Austin Mini, it's our 12 month car, and great in the snow, even the heavy falls we get. NW coast BC Canada.

On the wrong computer to attach a pic, will do tomorrow.

Cheers Ric

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CasaMini Angel Ruiz
Ft. Worth, TX, USA   USA
Hi

I'm Angel from Bedford Tx. I own 2 Mini's. 1963 Austin Mini and a 1971 Leyland Mini and affiliated with the Mini Owners of Texas group.

Cheers
Angel

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
In reply to a post by wrenchpuller 1973 Austin Mini, it's our 12 month car, and great in the snow, even the heavy falls we get. NW coast BC Canada.
Cheers Ric

That's great, I bet you turn a few heads in the dead of winter!

Surprising how many people don't know the benefits of skinny tires and FWD in snow....

Member Services:
wrenchpuller Ric Willis
That's great, I bet you turn a few heads in the dead of winter!

Surprising how many people don't know the benefits of skinny tires and FWD in snow....[/quote]

Skye your sure right on that, mostly a lot of head shaking going on as well. LOL.

Attached is a pic of the car, about one month after we bought it. Did not look too bad before, but after stripping to bare shell and sandblasting, to our dissmay we found it was held together with most of a full size fridge shell, cut into many pieces and pop riveted into place then covered with a very nice coat of bondo then sprayed with underseal. It turned out to be a far larger project than we anticipated.

Guess I had better get around to renewing my star, will try and budget for it next month.

Cheers Ric

edit....I should learn to set the date on my camera more often..lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-13 11:02 PM by wrenchpuller.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
during2.jpg    33.6 KB
during2.jpg

wrenchpuller Ric Willis
Hi all,
Another pic of the Mini "Onslow" this is about 6-7 months after we bought it. Well putting it another way about $9000.oo later in parts and matierals, well the roof and bonnet are still original LOL.

But fun to drive and returns just over 40mpg.

Cheers Ric

Attachments:
Run5 001.jpg    44.6 KB
Run5 001.jpg

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Yeah those restorations always end up being a lot more than meets the eye.
Looks great, I like the orange.

Member Services:
wrenchpuller Ric Willis
Hi Skye,

Well looks like you and me mostly so far. The colour is " Bronze Yellow" it was the original colour.
I cannot seem to get the flags working, mind you perhaps that is due to the absence of new posts....lol

Many thanks for all you do and for providing these forums. At the present time the "Mini forum" seems as active as a graveyard at 02.00 in the morning...But there again I have never been in a graveyard at 02.00 in the morning....perhaps their rocking....LOL

Cheers Ric

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Well, this site is only a couple days old - I'm sure it will pick up steam with time & promotion, like the Triumph site.

Member Services:
bdev Avatar
bdev Bruno DeVuono
Washingtonville, Orange County NY, USA   USA
Hi Skye,

Maybe it would be a good idea to post an announcement on the MGB page like you did the Miata forum.

pippatch Avatar
pippatch John Sugden
St. Albert, Alberta, Canada   CAN
1969 MG MGB GT
1976 MG MGB "Baby Boo"
2016 Honda Fit
I'm cruisin' this Mini site. Although not for long if things happen to my Mini as advertized on the trader.

btw Ric, just came home from a 2 day run with the club (took the MGcool smiley. Talked and motored with John W. and Paul M.

NickFB Avatar
NickFB Nick Brown
Boise, Idaho, USA   USA
In the 1960s I owned a 1961 850 Mini (Austin 7) and a 1967 Cooper in the early '80s. My current toy is a 1971 MGB GT but I'm considering a BMW Mini. Probably a MK1 Cooper S. I'm hoping to discover the problems before I buy one. The MGB forum has been a huge help in keeping the B running so I plan to lurk and listen here for a while.

Nick

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Austin Mini

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links