MiniShrine

Classic Mini Forum

Clutch Bleeding Issue/Problem

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TomGroh Tom G
Barrington, Illinois, USA   USA
Trying to bleed clutch. Here is what I did so far (with no progress): Opened nipple & closed-push pedal down & hold as I opened nipple & closed it. Then let up & pumped it some more, opened nipple & closed it....did this 5x's and NOT resolved. The Slave Cylinder is still not moving. I opened & pulled off the hydraulic line off the reservoir to see IF when pumping IS it squirting oil when pumping... NO ! All I see is a light sprinkle of oil...I imagine it should give a good squirt???
Am I correct in determining that the reservoir cylinder IS at fault and not capable of pumping pressure???

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
hunter2 Avatar
hunter2 Rick Higgs
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
1961 Austin Mini Countryman "LUCKY"
1962 Austin Mini Countryman "Lucky"
1973 Leyland Mini "ROO"
Not certain what line you disconnected...was it the hose to the slave cylinder?? If so, the rubber may have collapsed blocking the flow of fluid to the slave cylinder. If so, time for a new hose.

Otherwise, fluid bypassing the clutch plunger in the master cylinder. If so, time for a new clutch master.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Morris Mini Traveller

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links