Electric fuel pump location
  This topic is about my 1959 Mini MkI
Steve B Avatar
Steve B Silver Member Steve Brannan
Weeki Wachee, Florida, USA   USA
1959 Mini MkI "Moocher"
1968 MG MGC GT
1987 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
My mini is fitted with an MG 1100 engine and has a blanking plate over the mechanical fuel pump port. Can anyone suggest a likely location to find an electric pump? I don't see it in the trunk or engine compartment
Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
macspit Avatar
macspit Malcolm M.
ictoria, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
1969 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Plum"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Nothing Yet"
1976 Triumph 1500 "The Pickle"
1994 Mini Mayfair "The Min"
Possibly on the rear sub frame, early Minis had them mounted there. Follow the fuel line from the tank, through the trunk floor and look underneath the car at that point.

Steve B Avatar
1959 Mini MkI "Moocher"
1968 MG MGC GT
Thanks Malcolm....I thought the pump was bad but discovered that I had connected the battery as positive ground (the way the connections were labeled. The car has a dynamo and was built as positive ground but must have been converted before I got her. Of course the pump is polarity sensitive. Anyway, all is now good and as soon as I get my E-type off the lift the mini will go up for a good inspection
Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Vijay1953 Avatar
Vijay1953 Vijay Sundaram
REDONDO BEACH, California, USA   USA
1965 Mini Cooper S
1978 MG MGB "None"
What a lucky guy ! A Mini and an E -Type ....wow!! And I see an MG in the picture as well. How lucky can one guy get? Enjoy!!!!

Steve B Avatar
1959 Mini MkI "Moocher"
1968 MG MGC GT
Yep - I am lucky. I sold my E Type to a guy in Switzerland. The MGC GT is my pride and joy, as is the mini - both of which I have restored. I also have a 1987 Mercedes SL as my daily driver. I didn't spend a lot of money on these cars but restoration was not cheap. I try to keep them all in factory fresh condition. I tell my wife they are investments!
Steve

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2000 Mini Cooper

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links