AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Coot24 Avatar
Coot24 Silver Member John Coutant
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1959 Triumph TR3A "Agatha"
1970 Volvo P1800 "Jennifer"
While I have a LBC (TR3A and hang out on the Triumph forums) and think I know most English models, I constantly get surprised by a new one. My son sent me photos of this '75 Mini Clubman that was parked in Mystic, CT for sale. While the front certainly looks like a Mini Clubman and it is a right hand drive model, I have never seen a fastback style or able to find any information online. In my limited knowledge, they only came in the classic sedan or estate. Could any of you Mini experts help with any other information that would help my curiosity and let me update my son?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1159.JPG    54.9 KB
IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG    60.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_1161.JPG    32.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Steve B Avatar
Steve B Silver Member Steve Brannan
Weeki Wachee, Florida, USA   USA
1959 Mini MkI "Moocher"
1968 MG MGC GT
1987 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
I am a Brit and grew up around the mini for half my life and I have never seen anything like this. It looks similar to the Fiat 500 at the back end and I wonder if it was a "special" built by somebody outside the factory. Any chance we can find out what may be printed on the rear glass? Does it have a sun roof?
Steve

Coot24 Avatar
Coot24 Silver Member John Coutant
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1959 Triumph TR3A "Agatha"
1970 Volvo P1800 "Jennifer"
I think your suggestion that this was a one off "special" done by the owner (or previous owner) may be correct. I have had discussions with several classic Mini owners at recent British Car Days and, after looking at the photos, came to the same conclusion as you. These are the only photos my son sent to me but if it is still on the streets of Mystic, maybe he can get a photo of the back and top. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2006 Mini Cooper S

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links