Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Welcome to all New Members!

We're getting lots of new members every month, so if you've been lurking and not sure where to join, scroll down and reply below.

Tell us a little about yourself, your Mini, your builds or plans, general interests, etc.

If you want to jump right in and ask a question, please click Start New Topic above.

Thanks,
Skye Nott
Webmaster

Webmaster, The Mini Shrine

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
akronzips Avatar
akronzips Howard R. Morris
Rittman, Ohio, USA   USA
1960 Austin-Healey 3000 "Healey And A Half"
1961 Austin 850 "Spanky"
1961 Austin-Healey 3000 "Blue"
Hello I'm Howard Morris president Of the Northeast Ohio Austin Healey club and own a big Healey 3000 BT7 Tri-Carb Rally replica
I have a love for the mini coopers (vintage type) I just purchased a 1961 Austin Mini 850 all original.
I would like to join your group and have discussions about parts 1. I need wheel studs and lug nut 12 I also need the rear seat base and foam and cover .
Cheers to you all,
Howard Morris
330-927-1876 Home I'm located 20, miles south of Akron
My email address is akronzips@aol.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
dudley32 Avatar
dudley32 dudley 32
Fayetteville, N.C., USA   USA
Hello all, I'm known mostly as Dudley. I hail from Fayetteville N.C. and was deeply involved in British cars (and motorcycles) in the '70's and '80's...I recently picked up a B GT and am currently looking for a vintage Mini...have enjoyed this site thus far...and look forward to learning even more...

kevymach Kevin M
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi ... new member here. I am currently on my 2nd mini. First one was an 09 Clubman S in chili red and now with a '10 Cooper S Mayfair. I am also curious and tested by having a classic mini as a summer toy. Aside from the early Cooper S which I know are very desirable and valuable, what are the other years that are desirable and what should I be looking for?

Thanks!

hunter2 Avatar
hunter2 Rick Higgs
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
1961 Austin Mini Countryman "LUCKY"
1962 Austin Mini Countryman "Lucky"
1973 Leyland Mini "ROO"
Hi, I'm a Classic Mini owner with 1973 Leyland Australia Mini Window Van on the road and a 1961 Austin Se7en Countryman in the build process.

Previously owned and drove a 1979 built Mini 1000 for Canada that was restored/modified 2004/06 to return as a 1380 cc powered saloon with custom trailer. I first began long distance travel in the slightly modified Mini 1000 - to California, Oregon and Quebec for Mini Meets/events...and after the resto/mod project to Arizona (twice), California (twice), Maryland, Minnesota, Oregon (twice) for more Mini Meets and related holidays.

Wife & I took the OZ van around Australia over 70 days in 2011 in the company of the Kornbrekke's of Caloundra, Qld., also took in the Inaugural Rylstone Classic in New South Wales, the Mini 50 celebrations on Queensland's Sunshine Coast and returned in 2013 to head for Tasmania with the Kornbrekke's, the Gould's, the Austin's...all in Classic Minis for an island tour and Tasmania's MiniFest in Hobart. Then I shipped the OZ van to Canada where in 2014 a neighbor & I co-drove the Van across Canada to Sault Ste. Marie, through Michigan to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, on to Indianapolis and Milwaukee for Mini Meet and home across the USA.

Now have the '61 Countryman build well underway with the steel work almost complete, the power unit well...along aiming for completion in 2017.

1st pic - Mini 1000 'Pooh' in Indiana on return from Mini Meet East 2000 in Magog, Quebec, 2nd pic - restored/modified Mini with 1380 & custom trailer 'Pooh & Hunny Pot' in California Redwoods 2008, 3rd pic - OZ Mini window van 'ROO' gets new CV & wheel bearings at the roadside on Day 68 of 70 day trip around Australia, 4th pic - '61 Woody 'LUCKY' about to have new steel nose spot welded on.

Attachments:
MME2000z.jpg    31.8 KB
MME2000z.jpg

POOHinRedwoods2008.jpg    56.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
ROOgetsBearings.jpg    78.1 KB
LUCKYrestoJan222016 007.JPG    50.7 KB
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Welcome, Rick! Sounds like you've had some great Mini adventures, thanks for sharing your photos and stories.

Skye

Webmaster, The Mini Shrine

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
hunter2 Avatar
hunter2 Rick Higgs
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
1961 Austin Mini Countryman "LUCKY"
1962 Austin Mini Countryman "Lucky"
1973 Leyland Mini "ROO"
If folks want to see more about our Mini fun in Australia in 2011 - the 50th Year for Mini there - go to http://www.miniadventurecanada.com

Have not updated with the month long trip to from Tasmania but might put up a few photos here if there is interest.

rick

akronzips Avatar
akronzips Howard R. Morris
Rittman, Ohio, USA   USA
1960 Austin-Healey 3000 "Healey And A Half"
1961 Austin 850 "Spanky"
1961 Austin-Healey 3000 "Blue"
Hello Howard here in Ohio I'm currently restoring a 1961 Austin Mini 850 and I need a part for my speedometer it is the fuel gauge. Positive ground 10-90 OHms

I just got word from Nisonger (Instrument repair builder ) New York my 2 fuel gauges are trash I need to find a fuel gauge for a 1961 Austin Mini 850 cream colored face but will take a black face gauge. Any help in the club???Members Cream Face or black face don't care
Howard ----------------->at 330-927-1876 ------------> akronzips@aol.com

Chat Conversation End

Josiah-Country Josia Hicks
Wailuku, Hawaii, USA   USA
Hello I'm a new member and have tackled restoration on a 62 Austin Countryman. This is my first restoration job I've done and my first mini. I've been working on this project for three years now and after countless hours and money spent it's finaly nearing the home stretch. The build has been a blast with a full strip down. New floors, complete front end, door skins, rear subframe, new breaking/clutch system every speck of corrosion visable removed and coated over and every worn tired part replaced. I just recently got it back from the paint shop and now in the process of putting everything back together.
I live on Maui and don't know of any mini clubs here although have seen a few mini's roaming around. Sure would be nice to get a look at another mini

Attachments:
image.jpeg    41.7 KB
image.jpeg

kawhitey Avatar
kawhitey Ken White
The Villages, Florida, USA   USA
Hello Mini Forum,

I've had my 1977 Leyland Mini1000 now for about one (1) year. What's unique about this Mini is that
it was built in Auckland NZ at the Newmarket factory. Through some investigation I've been able to
find out that it was the 554th Mini built in that year. The chassis no. is:

XL2S1N N8006386N

The Mini has been restored (frame up) to similar colour of production (yellow) with exception of white
roof and stripes...plus setup for rallying with light package and off-road tyres. Many other goodies put
in by restorer. Instrumentation panel (metric). The Mini has about 42000 km on odometer.

I recently drove it to the All British Car Show at Mead Gardens in WinterPark FL where it won 1st place
in roll-up Mini category.

Attachments:
mini1.jpg    25 KB
mini1.jpg

mini1.jpeg    80 KB
lawmann Avatar
lawmann Shaun Johnson
Kathleen, GA, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "Old Blue"
Hey folks, my name is Shaun and we are new Mini owners here in Middle Georgia. We just bought a 1976 Austin Mini 1000 that will be my wife's project car. It is in decent shape, but does require some mechanical, body, and paint work to be where we want it. I ordered the Heritage Certificate for it, so we will see what that says when we get it. Here is a pic of my wife with her new baby:

Attachments:
Jennifer and Mini.jpg    62 KB
Jennifer and Mini.jpg

kawhitey Avatar
kawhitey Ken White
The Villages, Florida, USA   USA
Looks to be a Leyland Mini 1000 so there may not be a Heritage Certificate available as it may have been manufactured
in New Zealand or Australia. You need to examine the chassis no. under the bonnet. It should be of the form:

XL2S1N NxxxxxxxN With the trailing letter (I show N) designating the factory. For example A would be Longbridge
and thus it would be an English Mini. Mine was N and stands for Newmarket factory in Auckland.

My 1977 Leyland Min 1000 was built in Auckland NZ. The secretary of the Auckland Mini Club can provide information
if indeed this is where your Mini came from. If you have another label next to the chassis no. it may be stamped with a
combination of letters and numbers: for example AG 0554. Which is on my Mini. This indicates that it is a Mini and was
the 554th produced in the factory in 1977.

I also see that you will need a new bumper. I put stainless steel replacements on mine. I was not able to find anywhere in
US with quality bumpers (I visited the Moss factory...they were all scratched or damaged). I sent to England to get my
parts...emailed back and forth with them to insure they would be shipped undamaged and properly packed. They were!

Good luck.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2006 Mini Cooper S Works

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links