Classic Mini Forum

I need some speed ideas

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

cooke Avatar
cooke Gold Member Martin Cooke
Higganum, CT, USA   USA
I have never owned or even driven a Mini. I do have a Morris Traveler that I put a 1275 in, and a 58 MG , Magnette.
I have a friend that would like me to build him a (very if possible) fast Mini. I would like to use a a 1275 with whatever speed parts would be good for this.

I am sure there are more powerful modern engines but I would like to stick with british stuff. I know there are a few of you out there that have a lot of experience with this so any ideas are appreciated. I also will need a LHD Mini prefer complete car, rust free or almost for this project.

Thanks,

Martin

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sphartin Avatar
Sphartin Aaron Sphar
Ogden, Utah, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB "Megan"
1976 Mini MkIV
A common performance upgrade is going with a 1380cc engine. Essentially a bored out 1275.

Mini mania (www.minimania.com) has a Big Bore Kit 1380cc Engine Do-it-yourself Kit as well as offer already upgraded engines. They also offer a 1480 kit, but as I understand this really pushes the reliability limits of the engine. Other performance options is to build it to Cooper S specs.

As much as I like the MG Experience forum, for Mini's, Mini Mania has a more active forum on MiniMania as well as classified ads to help in finding a donar car and more ideas. I wish this site was more active for Mini's...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Morris Mini Traveller

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links