MiniShrine

Classic Mini Forum

RC40 exhaust install

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Simon Austin Avatar
I'm restoring a '76 Mini with 1275 and am at the exhaust install stage.

I have the RC40 system with Freeflow header. Because I bought this project as a shell, I have no "taking the car apart" experience.

I bought the system including fitting kit from Moss. It is a side-exit system.

I feel like I'm trying to assemble a puzzle. I've got brackets but not sure where/how they attach the system to the car.

I've looked online and have a better understanding of what goes where but I'm looking for are photos of the brackets installed.

Anyone have any they can post? One bracket I'm missing is the gearbox-to-front pipe bracket that attaches to the transmission. I can source one of those but not sure where exactly it attaches to the gearbox.

This is my first Mini project. My experience lies with MGB's. Taking a car apart makes a project much easier when it comes time to reassemble.

This Mini is challenging. smiling smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Simon Austin Avatar
43 views and no comments? Hmmm...

Okay, here's an easier one; how about photos of the stock mounting brackets? Front pipe, centre pipe & tail pipe.

I just sorted out the tail pipe bracket but need details on the other two.

Thanks!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1991 Rover Mini

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links